Expressboard Terms of Service
ARBITRATION NOTICE: EXCEPT IF YOU OPT-OUT AND EXCEPT FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DISPUTES DESCRIBED IN THE ARBITRATION SECTION BELOW, YOU AGREE THAT DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND EXPRESSBOARD WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING, INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION AND YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT OR CLASS-WIDE ARBITRATION.
Expressboard’s services help people showcase themselves, connect and collaborate with other like-minded individuals for interesting projects around the world.
- You must be at least 18 years old to use the Service. Otherwise, you may only use our Services under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian.
- You may not post violent, nude, partially nude, discriminatory, unlawful, infringing, hateful, pornographic or sexually suggestive photos or other content via the Service.
- You are solely responsible for any activity that occurs through your account and you agree you will not sell, transfer, license or assign your account, followers, username or any account rights. With the exception of people or businesses that are expressly authorized to create accounts on behalf of their employers or clients, Expressboard prohibits the creation of an account for anyone other than yourself. You also represent that all information you provide or provided to Expressboard upon registration and at all other times will be true, accurate, current and complete and you agree to update your information as necessary to maintain its truth and accuracy.
- You understand that by creating an account with Expressboard or using our Services makes you an independent contractor with Expressboard. No agency, partnership, joint venture, employment or franchisee relationship with Expressboard is intended or created by the Terms.
- You agree that you will not solicit, collect or use the login credentials of other Expressboard users.
- You are solely responsible for keeping your Expressboard account password secret and secure at all time.
- You must not defame, stalk, bully, abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate people or entities and you must not post private or confidential information via the Service, including, without limitation, your or any other person's credit card information, social security or alternate national identity numbers, non-public phone numbers or non-public email addresses.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You agree to comply with all laws, rules and regulations (for example, federal, state, local and provincial) applicable to your use of the Service and your Content (defined below), including but not limited to, copyright laws.
- You are solely responsible for your conduct on the Site and any data, text, files, information, usernames, images, graphics, photos, profiles, audio and video clips, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, applications, links and other content or materials (collectively, "Content") that you submit, post or display on or via the Service.
- You must not change, modify, adapt or alter the Service or change, modify or alter another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service or Expressboard.
- You must not create or submit unwanted email, comments, likes or other forms of commercial or harassing communications (a/k/a "spam") to any Expressboard users.
- You must not use Expressboard’s domain names or web URLs in your username without prior written consent from Expressboard.
- You must not interfere or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, including by transmitting any worms, viruses, spyware, malware or any other code of a destructive or disruptive nature. You may not inject content or code or otherwise alter or interfere with the way any Expressboard page is rendered or displayed in a user's browser or device.
- You must comply with Expressboard's Community Guidelines, available here: https://expressboard.com/resources/guidelines
- You must not create accounts with the Service through unauthorized means, including but not limited to, by using an automated device, script, bot, spider, crawler or scraper.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Service or your access to the Service for any reason, without notice, at any time, and without liability to you. You can deactivate your Expressboard account by logging into the Service. If we terminate your access to the Service or you use the form detailed above to deactivate your account, your photos, videos, comments, reviews, likes, friendships and all other data relating to your account will no longer be accessible through your account (e.g., users will not be able to navigate to your username and view your photos or any contents you create), but those materials and data may persist and appear within the Service (e.g., if your Content has been re-shared by others).
- We reserve the right to refuse access to the Service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- We reserve the right to force forfeiture of any username for any reason.
- You are solely responsible for your interaction with other users of the Service, whether online or offline. You agree that Expressboard is not responsible or liable for the conduct of any user. Expressboard reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor or become involved in disputes between you and other users. Exercise common sense and your best judgment when interacting with others, including when you submit, make comment or post Content or any personal or other information.
- There may be links from the Service, or from communications you receive from the Service, to third-party web sites or features. There may also be links to third-party web sites or features in images or comments within the Service. The Service also includes third-party content that we do not control, maintain or endorse.
- You agree that you are responsible for all data charges you incur through use of the Service.
- We prohibit crawling, scraping, caching or otherwise accessing any content on the Service via automated means, including but not limited to, user profiles, photos and videos (except as may be the result of standard search engine protocols or technologies used by a search engine with Expressboard's express consent).
Functionality on the Service may also permit interactions between the Service and a third-party web site or feature, including applications that connect the Service or your profile on the Service with a third-party web site or feature. For example, the Service may include a feature that enables you to share Content from the Service or your Content with a third party, which may be publicly posted on that third party's service or application. Using this functionality typically requires you to login to your account on the third-party service and you do so at your own risk. Expressboard does not control any of these third-party web services or any of their content. You expressly acknowledge and agree that Expressboard is in no way responsible or liable for any such third-party services or features. YOUR CORRESPONDENCE AND BUSINESS DEALINGS WITH THIRD PARTIES FOUND THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE SOLELY BETWEEN YOU AND THE THIRD PARTY. You may choose, at your sole and absolute discretion and risk, to use applications that connect the Service or your profile on the Service with a third-party service (each, an "Application") and such Application may interact with, connect to or gather and/or pull information from and to your Service profile. By using such Applications, you acknowledge and agree to the following: (i) if you use an Application to share information, you are consenting to information about your profile on the Service being shared; (ii) your use of an Application may cause personally identifying information to be publicly disclosed and/or associated with you, even if Expressboard has not itself provided such information; and (iii) your use of an Application is at your own option and risk, and you will hold the Expressboard Parties (defined below) harmless for activity related to the Application.
- Expressboard does not claim ownership of any Content that you post on or through the Service. That includes anything you post using our Services (like usernames, showcase names, showcase shop names, profile pictures, showcase photos, showcase videos, showcase descriptions, comments, videos and etc).
You understand that you are solely responsible for Your Content. You represent that you have all necessary rights to Your Content and that you’re not infringing or violating any third party’s rights by posting it. We don’t claim any ownership to Your Content, but we have your permission to use it to help Expressboard function and grow. That way, we won’t infringe any rights you have in Your Content and we can help promote your stuff. By posting Your Content, you grant Expressboard a non-exclusive, worldwide, fully-paid and royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable, sub-licensable, perpetual license to use, display, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, store and prepare derivative works of Your Content to provide the Service and to promote Expressboard, your showcases, your shops, or the Services in general, in any formats and through any channels, including across any Expressboard Services or third-party website or advertising medium.
Some of the Service is supported by advertising revenue and may display advertisements and promotions, and you hereby agree that Expressboard may place such advertising and promotions on the Service or on, about, or in conjunction with your Content. The manner, mode and extent of such advertising and promotions are subject to change without specific notice to you.
- You acknowledge that we may not always identify paid services, sponsored content, or commercial communications as such.
- The Service contains content owned or licensed by Expressboard ("Expressboard Content"). Expressboard Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws, and, as between you and Expressboard, Expressboard owns and retains all rights in the Expressboard Content and the Service. You will not remove, alter or conceal any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Expressboard Content and you will not reproduce, modify, adapt, prepare derivative works based on, perform, display, publish, distribute, transmit, broadcast, sell, license or otherwise exploit the Expressboard Content.
- The Expressboard name and logo are trademarks of Expressboard, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of Expressboard. In addition, all page headers, custom graphics, button icons and scripts are service marks, trademarks and/or trade dress of Expressboard, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without prior written permission from Expressboard.
- Although it is Expressboard's intention for the Service to be available as much as possible, there will be occasions when the Service may be interrupted, including, without limitation, for scheduled maintenance or upgrades, for emergency repairs, or due to failure of telecommunications links and/or equipment. Also, Expressboard reserves the right to remove any Content from the Service for any reason, without prior notice. Content removed from the Service may continue to be stored by Expressboard, including, without limitation, in order to comply with certain legal obligations, but may not be retrievable without a valid court order. Consequently, Expressboard encourages you to maintain your own backup of your Content. In other words, Expressboard is not a backup service and you agree that you will not rely on the Service for the purposes of Content backup or storage. Expressboard will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Services, or the loss of any Content. You also acknowledge that the Internet may be subject to breaches of security and that the submission of Content or other information may not be secure.
- It is Expressboard's policy not to accept or consider content, information, ideas, suggestions or other materials other than those we have specifically requested and to which certain specific terms, conditions and requirements may apply. This is to avoid any misunderstandings if your ideas are similar to those we have developed or are developing independently. Accordingly, Expressboard does not accept unsolicited materials or ideas, and takes no responsibility for any materials or ideas so transmitted. If, despite our policy, you choose to send us content, information, ideas, suggestions, or other materials, you further agree that Expressboard is free to use any such content, information, ideas, suggestions or other materials, for any purposes whatsoever, including, without limitation, developing and marketing products and services, without any liability or payment of any kind to you.
Reporting Copyright and Other IP Violations
- We respect intellectual property rights, and is committed to following appropriate legal procedures to remove infringing content from the Services. If content that you own or have rights to has been posted to the Services without your permission and you want it removed, please follow the steps listed in our Intellectual Property Policy in our community guidelines. If Your Content infringes another person’s intellectual property, we will remove it if we receive proper notice. We’ll notify you if that happens.
- You agree that you will not post any content that is abusive, threatening, defamatory, obscene, vulgar or otherwise offensive or any part of our Terms. You also agree not to post any content that is false and misleading or uses the Services in a manner that is fraudulent or deceptive.
Your Use of Our Services
License to Use Our Services. We grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable and revocable license to use our Services—subject to the Terms and the following restrictions in particular:
- You agree that you will not violate any laws in connection with your use of the Services. This includes any local, state, federal and international laws that may apply to you. For example, it’s your responsibility to obtain any permits or licenses that your showcase shop requires; you may not sell anything that violates any laws; and don’t commit fraud, theft or any other crimes against Expressboard, another Expressboard user or a third party.
- Pay Your Bills on Your Account. You are responsible for paying all fees that you owe to Expressboard. You are also solely responsible for collecting and/or paying any applicable taxes for any purchases or sales you make through our Services. Your fees, bills, taxes and how you can pay them are fully explained in our FAQ
- Our Site Contents. You agree not to “scrape,” “crawl,” or “spider” any page of the Services or to reverse engineer or attempt to obtain the source code of the Services.
- Don’t Try to Harm Our Systems. You agree not to interfere with or try to disrupt our Services, for example by distributing a virus or other harmful computer code.
- Follow Our Trademark Policy. The name “Expressboard,” and the other Expressboard logos, designs, marks and phrases that we use in connection with our Services, are trademarks, service marks or trade dress of Expressboard in the U.S. and other countries. If you’d like to use our trademarks, please follow our Trademark Policy stated in our community guidelines.
- Share Your Thoughts and Ideas. We love to hear your ideas and suggestions! They can help us improve your overall experience and our Services at Expressboard. Any unsolicited ideas or other materials you submit to Expressboard (not including Your Content or items you sell through our Services) are considered non-confidential and non-proprietary to you. You grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, sub-licensable, perpetual license to use and publish those ideas and materials for any purpose, without compensation to you.
- Communications. Expressboard will provide you with certain legal information in writing from time to time. By using our Services, you’re agreeing to our Electronic Communications Policy stated in our community guidelines, which describes how we provide that information to you. It says that we can send you information electronically (by email, etc.) instead of mailing you paper copies (it’s better for the environment), and that your electronic agreement is the same as your signature on paper.
At some point, you might decide not to use our Service. We hate to see you go, but you may terminate your account with Expressboard at any time from your account settings. Terminating your account will not affect the availability of some of Your Content that you posted through the Services prior to termination. However, you will still have to pay any outstanding bills if any.
We may terminate or suspend your account (and any related accounts) and your access to the Services at any time, for any reason, and without advance notice. If we do so, it’s important to understand that you do not have a contractual or legal right to continue to use our Services, for example, to sell or buy on our website or mobile apps. Expressboard may refuse service to anyone, at any time, for any reason. If Expressboard terminate your account, you may lose any information associated with your account, including Your Content.
We May Discontinue the Services. Expressboard reserves the right to change, suspend or discontinue any of the Services at any time, for any reason. We will not be liable to you for the effect that any changes to the Services may have on you, including your income or your ability to generate revenue through the Services. Note that the Terms will remain in effect even after your access to the Service is terminated, or your use of the Service ends.
Content You Post. Expressboard is a platform for you to share things you love or create. You should post materials that are original. When you need to quote or share other people’s work or idea in your showcase, please do give proper credit to the owner of the original source. We will not be able to review everything that you post in your showcase; and therefore, it is your responsibility to check your content before post it on Expressboard. We will take down the showcase or material if it violates our Terms and Privacy.
Content You Access. You may come across materials that you find offensive or inappropriate while using our Services. We make no representations concerning any content posted by users through the Services. Expressboard is not responsible for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of content posted by users that you accessed through the Services. You release us from all liability relating to that content.
Items You Purchase. You understand that Expressboard does not manufacture, store or inspect any of the items sold through our Services. We provide the venue; the items in our marketplace are produced and sold directly by independent showcase sellers, so Expressboard cannot and does not make any warranties about their quality, safety or even their legality. Any legal claim related to an item you purchase must be brought directly against the seller of the item. You release Expressboard from any claims related to items sold through our Services, including for defective items, misrepresentations by sellers or items that caused physical injury (like product liability claims).
People You Interact With. You can use the Services to interact with other individuals, either online or in person. However, you understand that we do not screen users of our Services, and you release us from all liability relating to your interactions with other users. Please be careful and exercise caution and good judgment in all interactions with others, especially if you are meeting someone in person.
Disclaimer of Warranties
THE SERVICE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, EXPRESSBOARD CONTENT, IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS", "AS AVAILABLE" AND "WITH ALL FAULTS" BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, NEITHER EXPRESSBOARD NOR ITS PARENT COMPANY NOR ANY OF THEIR EMPLOYEES, MANAGERS, OFFICERS OR AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "EXPRESSBOARD PARTIES") MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OR ENDORSEMENTS OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO: (A) THE SERVICE; (B) THE EXPRESSBOARD CONTENT; (C) USER CONTENT; OR (D) SECURITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION TO EXPRESSBOARD OR VIA THE SERVICE. IN ADDITION, THE EXPRESSBOARD PARTIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, CUSTOM, TRADE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, SYSTEM INTEGRATION AND FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS.
BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SERVICE YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOUR ACTIVITIES ARE LAWFUL IN EVERY JURISDICTION WHERE YOU ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE.
THE EXPRESSBOARD PARTIES DO NOT ENDORSE CONTENT AND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY TO ANY PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE (WHETHER ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHERWISE), INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY OR OTHER CAUSE OF ANY KIND OR CHARACTER BASED UPON OR RESULTING FROM ANY CONTENT.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE EXPRESSBOARD PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, ECONOMIC, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES OR DAMAGES) THAT ARE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO: (A) THE SERVICE; (B) THE EXPRESSBOARD CONTENT; (C) USER CONTENT; (D) YOUR USE OF, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICE; (E) ANY ACTION TAKEN IN CONNECTION WITH AN INVESTIGATION BY THE EXPRESSBOARD PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES REGARDING YOUR OR ANY OTHER PARTY'S USE OF THE SERVICE; (F) ANY ACTION TAKEN IN CONNECTION WITH COPYRIGHT OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OWNERS; (G) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE SERVICE'S OPERATION; OR (H) ANY DAMAGE TO ANY USER'S COMPUTER, MOBILE DEVICE, OR OTHER EQUIPMENT OR TECHNOLOGY INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGE FROM ANY SECURITY BREACH OR FROM ANY VIRUS, BUGS, TAMPERING, FRAUD, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER LINE OR NETWORK FAILURE OR ANY OTHER TECHNICAL OR OTHER MALFUNCTION, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, WORK STOPPAGE, ACCURACY OF RESULTS, OR COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE OR EVEN IF THE EXPRESSBOARD PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR TORT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WHETHER CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY NEGLIGENCE, ACTS OF GOD, TELECOMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, OR THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OF THE SERVICE). IN NO EVENT WILL THE EXPRESSBOARD PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT WILL THE EXPRESSBOARD PARTIES TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES OR CAUSES OR ACTION EXCEED ONE HUNDRED UNITED STATES DOLLARS ($100.00).
YOU AGREE THAT IN THE EVENT YOU INCUR ANY DAMAGES, LOSSES OR INJURIES THAT ARISE OUT OF EXPRESSBOARD'S ACTS OR OMISSIONS, THE DAMAGES, IF ANY, CAUSED TO YOU ARE NOT IRREPARABLE OR SUFFICIENT TO ENTITLE YOU TO AN INJUNCTION PREVENTING ANY EXPLOITATION OF ANY WEB SITE, SERVICE, PROPERTY, PRODUCT OR OTHER CONTENT OWNED OR CONTROLLED BY THE EXPRESSBOARD PARTIES, AND YOU WILL HAVE NO RIGHTS TO ENJOIN OR RESTRAIN THE DEVELOPMENT, PRODUCTION, DISTRIBUTION, ADVERTISING, EXHIBITION OR EXPLOITATION OF ANY WEB SITE, PROPERTY, PRODUCT, SERVICE, OR OTHER CONTENT OWNED OR CONTROLLED BY THE EXPRESSBOARD PARTIES.
EXPRESSBOARD IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES.
Dispute with Other Users
If you find yourself in a dispute with another user of Expressboard’s Services or a third party, we encourage you to contact the user or associated third party and try to resolve the dispute amicably. If at any point of the dispute, you wish to speak to us regarding the dispute matter, please contact us directly.
Release of Expressboard. You release Expressboard from any claims, demands and damages arising out of disputes with other users or parties.
If the prohibition against class actions and other claims brought on behalf of third parties contained above is found to be unenforceable, then all of the preceding language in this Arbitration section will be null and void. This arbitration agreement will survive the termination of your relationship with Expressboard.
Time Limitation on Claims
You agree that any claim you may have arising out of or related to your relationship with Expressboard must be filed within one year after such claim arose; otherwise, your claim is permanently barred.
Governing Law & Venue
The information provided within the Service is not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject Expressboard to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country. We reserve the right to limit the availability of the Service or any portion of the Service, to any person, geographic area, or jurisdiction, at any time and in our sole discretion, and to limit the quantities of any content, program, product, service or other features that Expressboard provides.
Software related to or made available by the Service may be subject to United States export controls. Thus, no software from the Service may be downloaded, exported or re-exported: (a) into (or to a national or resident of) any country to which the United States has embargoed goods; or (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders. By downloading any software related to the Service, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of, any such country or on any such list.
Changes to the Terms
We may update these Terms from time to time. If we believe that the changes are material, we will definitely let you know by doing one (or more) of the following: (1) posting the changes through the Services or (2) sending you an email or message about the changes. That way you can decide whether you want to continue using the Services. Changes will be effective upon the posting of the changes. You are responsible for reviewing and becoming familiar with any changes. Your use of the Services following the changes constitutes your acceptance of the updated Terms.
Some Finer Legal Points
The Terms, including all of the policies that make up the Terms, supersede any other agreement between you and Expressboard regarding the Services. If any part of the Terms is found to be unenforceable, that part will be limited to the minimum extent necessary so that the Terms will otherwise remain in full force and effect. Our failure to enforce any part of the Terms is not a waiver of our right to later enforce that or any other part of the Terms. We may assign any of our rights and obligations under the Terms.
If you have any questions about the Terms, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org